How often do we come across someone with just the right amount of personality, the right amount of talent, the charisma, the style, the courage and most importantly the passion to excel at something?
When all these rare qualities come together, they make ATIF ASLAM! The musical face and asset of Pakistan, does he need any further introduction?
Here are a few lesser known facts about the singing sensation;
2.Throughout his academic life, Atif was more enthusiastic about cricket than anything else. He aspired to be a cricketer some day and music was probably the last thing on his mind. Yes you read that right! Is’nt he just like every other boy growing up in Pakistan?
3. Atif Aslam first performed at a fancy dress show when he was in the 1st grade. He dressed up as the captain of Pakistan Cricket Team “Imran Khan”.
4. Atif Aslam was the youngest boy among his classmates in Kimberly Hall and completed his 10th grade at the age of 14. An average person completes his 10th grade in 15-16 years. He’s the right amount of beauty AND brains!
5. Atif Aslam wanted to be a cricketer, his parents wanted him to become a doctor. Instead he studied computer engineering and ended up singing! Well its true when they say your destiny finds you, he was just meant to be a singer.
7. In College though, his friends encouraged him to sing. He took part in many singing competitions in college and won them. He was boosted by these competitions and decided to record from his own pocket money. That’s how “Aadat” happened.
9. Not only did the ever so talented Atif Aslam sing “Man Amade Am” but the Urdu lyrics of this famous coke studio version have also been written by him.
10. Atif left Jal because he wanted his brother to be the manager of the band. On the other hand, Goher’s brother also wanted to become the manager. This created disputes and led to the break up!
Amongst all the uncertainty, Atif Aslam decided to continue his career as a solo artist. Many believed that a non-existent artist that has one song to his credit would not be able to survive on his own. Atif was determined to prove everyone wrong.