Tale as old as time, every grandmothers favorite, much has been said about the benefits of drinking turmeric milk. It is often called ‘Golden Milk’ by the Orientals.
It has been advocated by native medicine, Ayurveda. A simple Web search on ‘turmeric milk’ will give you uncountable benefits ranging from decongestion to weight loss
Here is an authentic recipe to prepare it:
1. Take an inch-long stick of turmeric and crush it coarsely using a mortar and pestle.
2. Crush a few peppercorns too. The white variety is considered better.
3. Mix a cup of water with a cup of milk, add the crushed turmeric and pepper and bring to a boil.
4. Simmer for 20 minutes till the milk reduces to a cup
5. Remove from the stove, filter, add a spoonful of honey and enjoy the drink warm.