Oily hair can make you look dirty and unattractive. Greasy looking hair results from excess oil secretion on your scalp. Shampooing is not a good solution as doing it too frequently will make your hair weak and dry. Instead try one of these highly effective home remedies to get rid of oily hair.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar helps reduce oil buildup on your scalp and controls the excess secretion of oil. Plus applying apple cider vinegar will make your hair look soft and shiny.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoon of the vinegar in a cup of water
- Apply it on your head after washing your hair with shampoo.
- Wash it off with cold water after a few minutes.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week for most effective results.
Lemon juice is not only great for getting rid of oily hair ,it is also contains plenty of vitamins and minerals that help promote healthy hair growth.
- Mix lemon juice in a cup of lemon water and apply the mixture on your scalp. Massage it for a few minutes.
- Leave it for five minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week and get rid of oily hair.
Applying Black tea leaves on your hair will help tighten your pores and prevent build up of excess oil.
- Add some black tea leaves in a cup of water and leave it to boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the tea leaves and allow the tea to cool.
- Pour the solution on your hair and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and afterwards wash your hair with shampoo.
- Repeat 2 to 3 times a week.
Aloe Vera can help you get rid of oily hair by removing toxins and other impurities from your scalp. It will also nourish your hair roots, reducing hair fall and promoting healthy growth.
- Mix a teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel and lemon juice in a cup of mild shampoo.
- Apply the mixture on your hair thoroughly and rinse it off after a few minutes.
- Store the mixture in a refrigerator and use it whenever you want to get rid of oily hair.
Baking soda is great for absorbing excess oil and will also reduce foul smell from your hair. Baking soda can also be used as an effective dry shampoo.
- Mix baking soda with water to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on damp hair and leave it for a few minutes. Wash it off with warm water.
- Apply the treatment 1 to 2 times a week.
If you have a friend suffering from oily hair share this article with them.